Effective date: 6/1/2020
Who is responsible for the data processing?
The body responsible for processing your personal data (“controller”) are:
Humanetics Innovative Solutions Inc.
23300 Haggerty Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48335
Responsible for: Content, technical functionalities and Cookies of this website
Humanetics Europe GmbH
Im Breitspiel 6a
Humanetics Austria GmbH
Salzburger Str. 34
Responsible for: Applicant management und processing of inquiries from potential customers or suppliers at the respective location.
Data protection Officer
The Humanetics Europe GmbH and the Humanetics Austria GmbH have designate a data protection officer. If you have any questions about the way the companies use your personal data, please contact us our data protection officer directly: Marco Peters, Nextwork GmbH, [email protected]
What information is collected by Humanetics?
Humanetics collects personal data that has been submitted to us through a number of ways:
- Through our website inquiry forms that you have either submitted, for example to ask a question or to sign up to our marketing newsletters
- Through business cards that are handed to us by yourselves in face-to-face meetings
- Through data from face-to-face encounters at exhibitions (scanned or manual)
- Through the emails that you have sent directly to our teams
- Through emails sent to our generic email addresses
- Through phone calls that have been made to our teams
- Occasionally, we research potential customers for specific targeted growth areas but in this instance your data won’t be added to our database for remarketing unless you have shown a specific interest
Humanetics may use targeted industry publications to support our lead generation and through activity, such as webinars, will be provided with names of interested customers/potential customers. We do not purchase information from third party list providers. Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of our website for example, the duration of a page visit. In this case we do collect web data about our visitors, their location, systems used, and what has been downloaded - to assess and improve our marketing.
Purpose & Legal Basis
We collect your personal data for the following purpose(s):
Digital Marketing and Lead Generation.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device and most modern websites use these to help improve the service. They utilize your IP address to help your user experience on a website and can also be used to provide additional data. We use session cookies to operate our website service and preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings. We do not use advertising cookies and therefore no ads will be pushed in front of you when you are browsing our site. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, but this may prevent you from using our sites and services. Some third-party services that we use, such as Google Analytics, may also place cookies on your device.
We use your information in our day-to-day business with you, for example to respond to your questions or contact you with information about our products, services, changes, offers, updates or other announcements and we may, from time-to-time, send you newsletters about product developments and technology advancements, but only if you have allowed us to do so. Hopefully you will find these interesting, but if not, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of our newsletters. Our newsletters are produced on a 3rd party software and the only personal data that is used to undertake this service is your first name, last name and email address. We use one of the leading global email automation companies which has secure system policies in place, and they do not use our (your) data for any other purpose. See Named Service Providers below.
Your personal data security is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to
- Protect your personal data and information, and to protect our sites from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, information we maintain.
- Ensure that we are in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regardless of where your personal data may be stored and processed.
We use one of the leading CRMs (Customer Relationship Management systems) to keep your data safe and secure. For initial inquiries or encounters with us (we refer to these as Leads), we keep only data such as you name, email, company (or research establishment), location and your position at the organization for example, Chief Technical Officer. Once we embark on the next steps of our process, and you become a potential customer/customer (we refer to these as Opportunities), we will require more information such as company addresses (shipping and billing) and product interests.
As soon as the above mentioned personal data are no longer required to display the website, they will be deleted. The collection of data for the purpose of providing the website and the storage of the data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. There is therefore no possibility of objection on the part of the user with regard to this aspect. Further storage can be carried out in individual cases if this is required by law.
(For personal data related to our leads, information will be retained for a period of 4 years, unless we have managed to progress the lead further so that you become a potential customer/customer, in which case we would retain the information for a further 4 years. If within this period we don’t have any correspondence, inquiries or digital interest i.e. download from our website or interest in our email newsletters, then we will delete the lead after a period of 4 years.)
Potential customer/customer data, where we have been having meaningful communication regarding our products and services, is slightly different in that we would have effectively built up a communication trail and will have to keep some data such as signed contracts, orders and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) in order to fulfill our obligations. The retention of such data may be up to 20+ years as customers may wish us to store evidence of their previously purchased orders/contracts.
Data Transfer to Third Countries
Within the scope allowed by law, we may transfer personal data to companies in our group for the purpose of fulfilling contractual obligations and for reporting purposes.
When you sign up for a webinar or other activity that is co-sponsored by another company, we may share your registration information with that company.
This information applies to applicants who apply for jobs at Humanetics Europe GmbH and Humanetics Austria GmbH:
We offer you the opportunity to apply for a job with us. With your application, we process the associated personal data insofar as this is necessary to decide on the establishment of an employment relationship. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR (general contract initiation). Your applicant data will be viewed by the HR department after receipt of your application. Suitable applications are then released for the department managers for the respective open position. The further process is then coordinated. In principle, only those persons in the company have access to your data who require it for the proper conduct of our application process. The provision of personal data is not required by law or contract. However, without the provision you will not be considered in the application process.
Humanetics Europe GmbH ([email protected])
If the application is successful, the data submitted by you will be stored in our data processing systems based on § 26 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz and Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR for the purpose of implementing the employment relationship. If no employment relationship is established, we reserve the right to store the data submitted by you based on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) for up to 6 months from the termination of the application process (rejection or withdrawal of the application). Our interest then lies in the assertion or defense of claims.
Humanetics Austria GmbH ([email protected])
If the application is successful, the data submitted by you will be stored in our data processing systems based on Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR for the purpose of implementing the employment relationship. If no employment relationship is established, we reserve the right to store the data submitted by you based on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR) for up to 7 months from the termination of the application process (rejection or withdrawal of the application). The storage period corresponds to the statutory period of § 15 Gleichbehandlungsgesetz. If you have consented to further storage of your personal data (Art. 6. para. 1 lit. a) GDPR), we will transfer your data to our applicant pool to identify any other interesting positions for you. We use a specialized software provider for the application process. The provider acting as a processor for us and may also obtain knowledge of your personal data in connection with the maintenance and care of the systems. We have concluded a so data processing agreement with this provider, which ensures that the data processing is carried out in a permissible manner.
Data protection information for customers/suppliers
We process your personal data insofar as this is necessary for the establishment, execution and fulfillment of a contract as well as for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. Insofar as personal data is required for the initiation or implementation of a contractual relationship or in the context of the implementation of pre-contractual measures, processing is lawful pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
If you give us express consent to process personal data for specific purposes (e.g., disclosure to third parties, evaluation for marketing purposes, customer satisfaction surveys or promotional approaches by e-mail), the lawfulness of this processing is based on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. Consent given can be revoked at any time with effect for the future (see paragraph "Data subject rights").
If necessary and legally permissible, we process your data beyond the actual contractual purposes for the fulfillment of legal obligations pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR. In addition, processing may be carried out to protect our legitimate interests, as well as to defend and assert legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. If necessary, we will inform you separately, stating the legitimate interest, insofar as this is required by law.
We process personal data that we receive from you while contacting you or establishing a contractual relationship or during pre-contractual measures.
As far as necessary, we process and store your personal data for the duration of our business relationship or for the implementation of pre-contractual purposes.
We only pass on your personal data within our company to those areas and persons who need this data to fulfill contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interests. Your personal data is processed on our behalf based on order processing agreements in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR In these cases, we ensure that the processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
A transfer of personal data to countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area) or to an international organization will only take place if this is necessary for the execution and thus the fulfillment of the contract or, at your request, for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, the transfer is required by law or you have given us your consent. If personal data is to be transferred to a recipient in a third country or an international organization, the provisions of the GDPR will be complied with, considering the conclusion of appropriate guarantees in accordance with Art. 44 - 49 GDPR.
The provision of personal data for the decision on the conclusion of a contract, is voluntary. However, we can only decide in the context of contractual measures if you provide such personal data that is required for the conclusion of the contract.
We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service or any of our other agreements with you, including investigation of potential breaches;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of humaneticsatd.com, our users and customers, or the general public, as required or permitted by law.)
Third-Party Service Providers
Below are services that we use to provide us with analysis or function outside of our everyday business.
Humanetics uses the CRM system Hubspot. This CRM system enables us to track our leads, accounts and opportunities in one single place. Hubspot is a leading global CRM provider and therefore have security policies in place to look after our (your) data. For more information on the Privacy Policies of Hubspot please visit https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy/
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
If you wish to withdraw your consent of having your personal information used for certain purposes, please contact us.
All information you disclose in your public profile, in forum posts, blogs, comments, issue queues, or other public portions of our sites becomes public information. You should be careful in what you choose to disclose publicly.
you can exercise the following rights at any time using the contact details provided by our data protection officer:
- Art. 15 GDPR, right of access: the right to be informed about the personal data we process about you and to request information about it.
- Art. 16 GDPR, right of rectification: the right to request that we change or update your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete
- Art. 17 GDPR, right to erasure: the right to demand that we permanently delete your personal data, unless other legal regulations or an overriding interest on our side prevent this.
- Art. 18 GDPR, right to restriction of processing: Right to restriction - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your personal data.
- Art. 20 GDPR, right to data portability: he right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer this personal data to a third party for use.
- Art. 21 GDPR, right to object: the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us at any time for reasons arising from your situation. This right to object requires the existence of special circumstances of your personal situation, whereby our rights may conflict with your right to object in individual cases.
- Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent has no affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Art. 77 right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - In addition, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority. A list of the supervisory authorities (for the non-public sector) with address can be found at https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Service/Anschriften/Laender/Laender-node.html and https://www.dsb.gv.at/