- Standard ATD 175-0000-H
The Humanetics ES-2re Side Impact Dummy represents a 50th percentile adult male, and is based off our EuroSID-2, a harmonized dummy used in vehicle side impact safety testing.
The principal difference is that the ribs of the ES-2re feature rib extensions to mitigate seatback interference. A rear rib extension bracket on the impact side of each rib, together with a rear rib extension guide, provides more realistic interaction with vehicle seatbacks than the original ES-2 ATD.
- Head can be equipped with a six-axis upper neck load cell to evaluate neck injury and head contact loads
- Neck matches the human response to lateral flexion and can be calibrated with replaceable neck buffer elements
- Shoulders: Constrained between Teflon coated plates. Lateral Motion controlled by bungee cord.
- Three rib modules with a sprung linear slide and hydraulic damper mounted inside a steel spring outer band. Linear potentiometers measure rib deflection and the viscous criteria.
- Roller bearing guidance of rib extensions were added in the backplate and a new backplate load cell was introduced.
|OVERALL DIMENSIONS||770.7 x 470.0 x 1351.0 mm||30.3 x 18.5 x 53.2 in|
|TOTAL WEIGHT||72.4 kg||159.6 lb|
|FOOTPRINT/WORK AREA||770.7 x 470.0 mm||30.3 x 18.5 in|
|SEATED HEIGHT||909 mm||35.8 in|
Vehicular and aircraft lateral impact testing.
|WHERE USED||DEFINING REGULATION|
|China Regulations||49 CFR Part 572 Subpart U|
|FMVSS 214||49 CFR Part 572 Subpart U|
|U.S. NCAP||49 CFR Part 572 Subpart U|
|LINEAR ACCELEROMETERS||LOAD CELLS||LOAD CELLS||DISPLACEMENT TRANSDUCERS|
|Head Axyz||Upper Neck Fxyz, Mxyz||Piston (Rib Slide) (3X) Fxyz||Thorax ea. Rib (3X) Dy|
|Shoulders Axyz||Lower Neck Fxyz, Mxyz||Rib Damper (Rib Slide) (3X) Fxyz|
|Thoracic spine at T1 Axyz||Shoulder L or R Fxyz||Lumbar Spine Fxyz, Mxyz|
|Thoracic spine at T12 Axyz||Back Plate Fxy, Mxy||Abdominal (3X) Fy|
|Ribs (3X) Ay||Spine Box Rib Force (3X) Fy||Pubic Fy|
|Lumbar Axyz||Thoracic Spine at T12 Fxy, Mxy||Femur L/R Fxyz, Mxyz|